About On Ice Instruction
This program is designed for youth players who are looking for a “fast-track” method for improving skating, stickhandling, and shooting. Emphasis is on providing players with detailed information on how to improve their weakest areas while simultaneously increasing their power, speed, and agility. Year-round enrollment in this program almost guarantees these players the opportunity to be a “first-line” player. Hockey Masters also provides goalie coaching with John Winkelseth. Goalies pay only $10 for their ice fee.
Lessons are 1/2 hour in length and can be private or semi-private. Coaches should be contacted BY THE PARENTS in advance to arrange specific times and dates. Call John Winkelseth at (734) 320-1964 for questions about our program or guidance in selecting a coach if you are unsure as to who would be the best choice for your player. More than one lesson can be arranged in a 3-hour ice session. The other hour or hour-and-a-half can be used to practice skills or to just have fun!
* Full equipment is required.
- Fall Session dates are: September 14th – November 30th
- Lessons will be held at Veteran’s Ice Arena in Ann Arbor
- $200 for 10 weeks (pick any/all 10 weeks)
- Wednesdays 3:15-6:50PM (5:00-6:50 ONLY on 11/02 and 3:15-4:50 ONLY on 11/16, 11/30)
- No ice on November 23rd – Thanksgiving Eve
Three sets of fees are involved in the private lesson program.
1. Hockey Masters Annual Membership Fee
All players engaging in private lessons must be current Hockey Masters Members. The Hockey Masters annual membership fee is $50 for individuals for $75 for families and must accompany the registration.
2. Ice Fee
- Ice Fees: $200 (pick any 10 weeks)
- Ice Fees for goalies are only $10 per skate
- Drop-In: $25 per day
Ice fees are payable to the arena and must be paid up front before a player is allowed to participate.
3. Coaches’ Fee
Coaches’ fees are collected separately by each individual coach in a mutually-agreed upon manner (some coaches prefer to send you a statement each month; others prefer payment at time of service).
How to Sign Up
- Make sure you are a Hockey Masters member (Visit our Membership page to become a member).
- Coaches should be contacted BY THE PARENTS in advance to arrange specific times and dates. Call John Winkelseth at (734) 320-1964 for questions about our program or guidance in selecting a coach if you are unsure as to who would be the best choice for your player.
- Once you’ve agreed upon a rink and time with your instructor, print out the Fall 2016 Registration Form. Fill out this form and mail it in to: Hockey Masters, P.O. Box 2823 Ann Arbor, MI 48106. This form gives us your contact information and also helps you to calculate your ice/off-ice fees.
- Bring a check made out to the arena to pay for your ice fees at your first lesson.
Note: Hockey Masters reserves the right to cancel a class due to below minimum enrollment.